- Kakinada Port is the main gateway port for the rich agricultural belt of East Godavari, West Godavari and Krishna Districts of Andhra Pradesh.
- Kakinada Port comprises of Kakinada Anchorage Port, Kakinada Deep Water Port, Kakinada Fishing Harbour and Ship-Breaking Unit.
- Kakinada Anchorage Port has a hundred years old history managed by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Government of Andhra Pradesh developed a Deep Water Port at the cost of 300 Crores. Under Port Privatisation Policy, Kakinada Deep Water Port was awarded the concession to M/s. International Seaports Limited, Singapore in 1999 on MOST Basis. Kakinada Fishing Harbour is designed and operated for 425 fishing boats.
- Techno-Economical feasibility report was prepared by M/s. NSDRI for establishment of ship-breaking unit at Kakinada and it is proposed to commence ship-breaking units.